Posted by Priyanka Sharma on
25 Feb, 2020
Plastic free packaging is the need of our times. We're already drowning in plastic waste and plastic packaging is posing a problem that may well be insurmountable in itself.
So, if not plastic then what? Packaging without plastic does seem nearly impossible. But the good news is that it's not!
There are several biodegradable, eco-friendly substitutes will not only benefit the planet but businesses as well!
Here are a few ideas -
- Bamboo: As an alternative to the so called 'disposables' that are just as non-biodegradable
- Jute: Instead of plastic bags for groceries
- Wool: Can be a durable packaging material that can be reused several times
- Mushroom Root: Mycelium or mushroom root is a completely natural material that can be used for packaging.
- Cardboard boxes: Companies like Amazon are trying to switch to non-plastic packaging. However, they have a long way to go.
- Natural Fabrics: Carry bags and packaging made of cotton and other natural fabrics can replace plastic coverings for a variety of consumer goods.
Check out more interesting options at