Posted by Priyanka Sharma on
07 Mar, 2020
According to experts, by 2050 the world's water demand would increase by nearly one-third. But the way ground water is depleting is most parts of the world and potable water is getting more and more scarce, it's hard to imagine how that increase demand will be met.
While we all suggest each other ways to reduce water wastage at home, we rarely talk about what businesses can do to combat this problem. All businesses have water usage requirement in one way or the other even if it's not directly dependent on water (such as a car wash or laundromat).
The good thing is that there are many ways businesses can help decrease water wastage and conserve and reuse water.
- Form green committees who can look over water usage. If possible, even hire sustainability consultants who can guide and plan out a water conservation strategy.
- Keep a check on all water faucets and prevent leakage at all costs. Get leaks repaired as soon as detected.
- Arrange water conservation awareness programs for all employees.
- Encourage water conservation habits by rewarding those who contribute significantly.
- Install rainwater harvesting systems and help people understand how such systems can help.
- Get plumbing options where water used in kitchen can be reused for the washroom usage.
- Ensure that the water meter is working properly.
- Encourage people to wash cars, house porches (and other cleaning activities that make massive use of water) less frequently.