Posted by Priyanka Sharma on
27 Feb, 2020
Service sector can champion the sustainability cause by bringing gradual but extensive changes in their everyday practices.
From basic habits (like turning the lights off when not in use) to more innovative changes (like recycling old office supplies into usable products), service sector companies do a lot to conserve energy and reduce their carbon footprint.
Here are a few suggestions.
- Efficient Lighting: Companies can choose to go for solar lighting or efficient LED lights. Alternatively, architects should create innovative designs that can allow for more natural light to be used during the daytime.
- Heating and Cooling: In months with moderate temperatures, heating/cooling can be given a break. Instead proper ventilation can ensure that air circulation is maintained well.
- Occasional Shut Hours: Companies should be encouraged to contribute a shut hour at least once every month/fortnight when lights, ACs and other electric usages can be turned off.
- Efficient Office Devices/Appliances: Old devices tend to suck up more electricity without giving the same result as compared to more efficient devices with better energy ratings. Having more efficient office appliances, computer systems and other machinery can save significantly on the energy bills.
- Employee Engagement: Last but never the least, it is important to educate and involve the people into the initiative. This would help the business in conserving energy and will also help the employees to learn some vital energy-saving tips that can be applied at home.