Posted by Priyanka Sharma on
21 Apr, 2020
Hydrogen has great potential as an emission-free fuel but it's high cost and dependency on fossil fuels (for production) has been a obstruction. However, with the right strategy, researchers and developers would someday be able to achieve a much more efficient, affordable and cleaner way of producing Hydrogen.
- Create more R&D opportunities preferably with international collaboration.
- Explore possibilities of producing hydrogen through new, lesser known ways.
- Amend policies in such a way to assist R&D, production, commercialization of hydrogen.
- Outline and develop the required infrastructure for hydrogen production.
- Make hydrogen fuel technologies more lucrative for investors in the long term.
- Develop new, improved ways of making water electrolysis more cost-effective.
- Find ways to incorporate hydrogen fuel cells in more common use cases such as household appliances, lighting devices and more.
- Make hydrogen more compatible for public transport systems with the help of improvement in automotive technology.
- Encourage commercial use of hydrogen as a fuel by increasing supply and reducing cost.