Posted by Priyanka Sharma on 06 Mar, 2020
The very first and foremost step that authorities, NGOs, leaders and people need to take is spreading the awareness that - HAVING ACCESS TO CLEAN WATER, SANITATION AND GENERAL HYGIENE IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT.
Other initiatives must follow as well. WASH (Short for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) being a basic human right should be ensured to all global citizens.
• Development of water safety plans.
• Improve the status of WASH in health-care facilities.
• Supporting household water treatment and safe storage initiatives to improve the quality of drinking-water and reduce the transmission of waterborne diseases.
• Promoting safely-managed rainwater harvesting in the communities, schools and healthcare facilities.
• Supporting various WASH programs in institutions like schools, colleges etc.
• Assisting in WASH monitoring activities.
• Helping national or international organizations, NGOs and administrative bodies in spreading awareness and carrying out awareness programs.
• Supporting Member States in developing plans to increase the resilience of WASH and reduce the vulnerability of populations in facing climate change.
• Providing WASH-related support during disasters.